Updated on: 06 OCTOBER 2020
VMware Host Client 1.34.4 | 06 OCTOBER 2020 | 16668064
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
The VMware Host Client is an HTML5-based client that is used to connect to and manage single ESXi hosts. It can be used to perform administrative tasks to manage host resources such as virtual machines, networking, and storage. The VMware Host Client can also be helpful for troubleshooting individual virtual machines or hosts if vCenter Server and the vSphere Client are unavailable.
For more information, see the vSphere 7.0 Documentation.
ESXi 7.0 includes an updated version of the VMware Host Client with the following additional features:
- Support for virtual machine hardware version 18
- Support for virtual machine memory size up to 24 TB
- Support for allocation of up to 768 virtual CPUs per virtual machine
- VMware Host Client 1.34.0
- VMware Host Client 1.33.3
- VMware Host Client 1.30.0
- VMware Host Client 1.25.0
- VMware Host Client 1.21
- VMware Host Client 1.8
- VMware Host Client 1.4
- VMware Host Client 1.2
- VMware Host Client 1.0
- You cannot increase the LUN size of the VMFS datastore
When you try to increase the LUN size of the Fibre Channel storage, the operation might fail. The value field accepts only MB due to a problem with the horizontal scroller. The issue is not browser-specific.
Workaround: Use Secure Shell (SSH) to increase the LUN size and then reboot the relevant host.
- The welcome message does not appear on the VMware Host Client login page
When you try to login to the VMware Host Client, the welcome message set through the configuration manager does not appear. You might encounter the problem if the message is updated through the VMware Host Client UI.
Workaround: You must manually create the
/etc/vmware. After each reboot of the ESXi host, recreate the
/etc/vmware/welcomefile in the same location.