You can create Service Engines within a group which defines the placement and number of Service Engine VMs within vCenter. You can also configure high availability.
For information on how you can provision excess capacity in the event of a failover, see the Avi documentation.
- In the Avi Controller dashboard, click the menu in the upper-left hand corner and select Infrastructure.
- In the Infrastructure settings page, click Service Engine Group.
- In the Service Engine Group page, click the edit icon in the Default-Group.
The Basic Settings page appears.
- In the High Availability & Placement Settings section, select the High Availability Mode.
The default option with the Essentials license is
Active/Standby. If you use the Enterprise license, you can also configure the
Elastic HA N + M Modeor
Elastic HA Active/Active Modemodes.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- (Optional) In the Host & Data Store Scope section, configure the following settings:
- Click Include and select the vSphere cluster from the list in Cluster.
- Click Include and select the vSphere cluster from the list in Host.
- (Optional) In the Advanced HA & Placement section, you can configure excess capacity for the Service Engine group only if you use the Enterprise license.
To configure excess capacity, specify a value in the Buffer Service Engines. The value you specify is the number of VMs that are deployed to ensure excess capacity in the event of a failover.
For example, set the value as
- Click Save.