Once you configure the NSX Advanced Load Balancer, you must add a license to it. The Controller boots in evaluation mode that has all the features equivalent to an Enterprise edition license available. You must assign a valid Enterprise license to the Controller before the evaluation period expires.
- In the Avi Controller dashboard, click the menu in the upper-left hand corner and select Administration.
- Select .
- To add the license, select Upload from Computer.
After the license file is uploaded, it appears in the Controller license list. The system displays the information about the license, including the start date and the expiration date.
- (Optional) If you do not have an Enterprise license, you can use the Essentials edition.
Note: If you are switching from Enterprise or evaluation mode to Essentials edition, you must make the switch before you configure the Avi Controller. If you have configured an Enterprise edition feature, you must delete the configured settings before you switch to the Essentials edition.
- Select .
- Click the gear icon next to Licensing.
- Select Essential License and click Save.
- Select Yes in the popup window to confirm the edition.
It can take some time for the configuration to get saved and for the Avi Controller to deactivate the Enterprise features.