After you have provisioned a Tanzu Kubernetes cluster, it is good practice to deploy a test workload and validate cluster functionality.
You can use the sample application Kubernetes Up and Running Demo to help you verify that the newly provisioned cluster is functioning properly.
- Provision a Tanzu Kubernetes cluster. See Provision a Tanzu Kubernetes Cluster.
- Connect to the cluster. See Connect to a Tanzu Kubernetes Cluster as a vCenter Single Sign-On User.
- Switch context to use the target Tanzu Kubernetes cluster configuration context by running the following command.
kubectl config use-context TANZU-CLUSTER-NAME
- Deploy the
kuardapplication to your Tanzu Kubernetes cluster by running the following command.
kubectl run --restart=Never --image=gcr.io/kuar-demo/kuard-amd64:blue kuard
- Forward the container port 8080 to your local host port 8080 by running the following command.
kubectl port-forward kuard 8080:8080
- Run your browser and go to http://localhost:8080.
You see the
kuardweb page, which you can explore. When you are done, press
Ctrl+Cin the kubectl session to stop port forwarding.
- To verify that the pod is created, run the following command.
kubectl get podsExpected result:
NAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGE kuard 1/1 Running 0 10d
- To delete the
kuardpod you created, run the following command.
kubectl delete pod kuardExpected result:
pod "kuard" deleted
- To verify that the pods you created are deleted, run the following command.
kubectl get pods