To update one or more Supervisor Clusters, including the Kubernetes version that the Supervisor Cluster is running and the infrastructure supporting Tanzu Kubernetes clusters, you perform a vSphere Namespaces update.
There is a new version entity for vSphere with Tanzu. The version entity is a semantic version string in the form
v1.16.7-vsc0.0.1-16128153, where the prefix is the Kubernetes version (
v1.16.7) and the suffix is the vSphere with Tanzu version (
Read the release notes before you perform a vSphere Namespaces update.
To install the necessary binaries, upgrade the vCenter Server appliance. See Upgrading the vCenter Server Appliance in the vCenter Server documentation.
- Log in to the vCenter Server as a vSphere administrator.
- Select .
- Select the tab.
- Select the Available Version that you want to update to.
For example, select the version
- Select one or more Supervisor Clusters to apply the update to.
- To initiate the update, click Apply Updates.
- Use the Recent Tasks pane to monitor the status of the update.