The vSphere administrator configures a Subscribed Content Library on the Supervisor Cluster. The virtual machine image that is used for the Tanzu Kubernetes cluster nodes is pulled from this library.
A Subscribed Content Library originates from a Published Content Library. After the subscription is created, the system synchronizes it with the published library. To create the Tanzu Kubernetes cluster nodes, VMware publishes a Photon OS OVA library to which you subscribe. After the subscriber is synchronized with the publisher, you associate the content library with the Supervisor Cluster.
- On demand. The Content Library downloads subscribed images on demand.
- On publish. The Content Library automatically synchronizes subscribed images when published.
- vCenter Server instance where you want to create the library. or on the
- on the destination datastore.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Click the Create a new content library icon.
The New Content Library wizard opens.
- Enter identification information at the Name and location page.
- Enter a Name for the Content Library.
- For the vCenter Server, select the vCenter Server instance where the Supervisor Cluster is configured.
- Click Next.
- Provide content library configuration details at the Configure content library page.
- Select the menu item Subscribed content library.
- In the Subscription URL text box, enter the URL address of the published library:
- For the Download content option, select the option Download library content only when needed, which downloads the OVA on demand.
- Click Next.
- When prompted, accept the SSL certificate thumbprint.
The SSL certificate thumbprint is stored on your system until you delete the subscribed content library from the inventory.
- On the Add storage page, select a datastore as a storage location for the content library contents and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the details and click Finish.
- On the Content Libraries page, confirm that the library is synchronized.
- Navigate to the view.
- In the vSphere inventory, select the vSphere cluster object and select the Configure tab.
- Select the option.
- For the Content Library, click Edit.
- Click Add Library.
- Select the Kubernetes Subscribed Content Library you created.
- To finish the procedure, click OK .