You can collect support bundles on registered cluster and fabric nodes for troubleshooting and download the bundles to your machine or upload them to a file server.
If you choose to download the bundles to your machine, you get a single archive file consisting of a manifest file and support bundles for each node. If you choose to upload the bundles to a file server, the manifest file and the individual bundles are uploaded to the file server separately.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager.
- Select .
- Select the target nodes.
The available types of nodes are Management Nodes, Edges, Hosts, and Public Cloud Gateways.
- (Optional) Specify log age in days to exclude logs that are older than the specified number of days.
- (Optional) Toggle the switch that indicates whether to include or exclude core files and audit logs.
Note: Core files and audit logs might contain sensitive information such as passwords or encryption keys.
- (Optional) Select the check box to upload the bundles to a file server.
- Click Start Bundle Collection to start collecting support bundles.
The number of log files for each node determines the time taken for collecting support bundles.
- Monitor the status of the collection process.
The Status tab shows the progress of collecting support bundles.
- Click Download to download the bundle if the option to send the bundle to a file server was not set.