Deploy the Controller VM to the Management Network in your vSphere with Tanzu environment.
- Verify that you have a Management Network on which to deploy the NSX Advanced Load Balancer. This can be a vSphere Distributed Switch (vDS) or a vSphere Standard Switch (vSS).
- Verify that you have created a vDS switch and portgroup for the Data Network. See Create a vSphere Distributed Switch for a Supervisor Cluster for Use with NSX Advanced Load Balancer.
- Verify that you have completed the prerequisites. See System Requirements for Setting Up vSphere with Tanzu with vSphere Networking and NSX Advanced Load Balancer.
- Log in to the vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Select the vSphere cluster that is designated for management components.
- Create a resource pool named AVI-LB.
- Right-click the resource pool and select Deploy OVF Template.
- Select Local File and click Upload Files.
- Browse to and select the
controller-VERSION.ovafile you downloaded as a prerequisite.
- Enter a name and select a folder for the Controller.
Option Description Virtual machine name avi-controller-1 Location for the virtual machine Datacenter
- Select the AVI-LB resource pool as a compute resource.
- Review the configuration details and click Next.
- Select a VM Storage Policy, such as vsanDatastore.
- Select the Management Network, such as network-1.
- Customize the configuration as follows and click Next when you are done.
Option Description Management Interface IP Address Enter the IP address for the Controller VM. Management Interface Subnet Mask Enter the subnet mask. Default Gateway Enter the default gateway for the Management Network. Sysadmin login authentication key Paste the contents of a private key (optional).
This is the private SSH key that you require to SSH into the VM. You can create it using OpenSSH or PuTTY.
- Review the deployment settings.
- Click Finish to complete the configuration.
- Use vSphere Client to monitor the provisioning of the Controller VM in the Tasks panel.
- Use the vSphere Client to power on the Controller VM after it is deployed.