As a vSphere administrator, you might need to scale out the Supervisor Cluster to run more workloads. To add capacity to the cluster, you can add ESXi hosts to the cluster managed by vSphere Lifecycle Manager.
- Obtain the user name and password of the root user account for the host.
- Verify that hosts behind a firewall might communicate with the vCenter Server.
- From the vSphere Client menu, select Workload Management.
- Right-click the data center, cluster, or folder and select Add Host.
- Enter the IP address or the name of the host and click Next.
- Enter the administrator credentials and click Next.
- Review the host summary and click Next.
- Assign a license to the host and click Finish.
- In the Add Host wizard, click Next.
- Review the summary and click Finish.
Note: If a host is part of the same data center, you can move it into the Supervisor Cluster. To move the host, put it in maintenance mode and drag it into the cluster.