Following are the characteristics of a vSAN iSCSI network:
- iSCSI Routing - iSCSI initiators can make routed connections to vSAN iSCSI targets over an L3 network.
- IPv4 and IPv6 - vSAN iSCSI network supports both IPv4 and IPv6.
- IP Security - IPSec on the vSAN iSCSI network provides increased security.
Note: ESXi hosts support IPsec using IPv6 only.
- Jumbo Frames - Jumbo Frames are supported on the vSAN iSCSI network.
- NIC Teaming - All NIC teaming configurations are supported on the vSAN iSCSI network.
- Multiple Connections per Session (MCS) - vSAN iSCSI implementation does not support MCS.