The VMware Host Client is an HTML5-based client that is used to connect to and manage single ESXi hosts.
You can use the VMware Host Client to:
- Perform administrative and basic troubleshooting tasks, and advanced administrative tasks on your target ESXi host.
- Conduct an emergency management when vCenter Server is not available.
It is important to know that the VMware Host Client is different from the vSphere Client. You use the vSphere Client to connect to vCenter Server and manage multiple ESXi hosts, whereas you use the VMware Host Client to manage a single ESXi host.
VMware Host Client functions include, but are not limited to the following operations:
- Basic virtualization operations, such as deploying and configuring virtual machines of various complexity
- Creating and managing networking and datastores
- Advanced tuning of host level options to improve performance
VMware Host Client System Requirements
Make sure that your browser supports the VMware Host Client.
VMware Host Client supports the following guest operating systems and Web browser versions.
|Supported Browsers||Mac OS||Windows 32-bit and 64-bit||Linux|