When you add hard disks to the second node, you set up the disks to point to the shared storage disks for the first node. The setup allows shared access to clustered disks.
- In the vSphere Client, select the newly created virtual machine, right-click and select Edit Settings.
- Click the New device drop-down menu, select SCSI Controller.
- In new SCSI Controller, select VMware Paravirtual and set SCSI Bus Sharing to Physical. Click OK.
Note: LSI SAS is supported, but VMware Paravirtual is recommended.
- Select the newly created virtual machine in step 1, right-click and select Edit Settings
- Click the New device drop-down menu, select RDM Disk.
- Select an unformatted LUN and click OK.
- Expand New Hard disk.
- Select a datastore for Location.
This datastore must be on shared storage because you need a single shared RDM file for each shared disk.
- Select compatibility mode Physical.
- Select the newly created SCSI controller in step 2, for virtual device node (for example, select SCSI (1:0)).
Note: This must be a new SCSI controller. You cannot use SCSI 0.
- Click OK.
The wizard creates a new hard disk.