You can create an iSCSI initiator group to provide access control for iSCSI targets. Only iSCSI initiators that are members of the initiator group can access the iSCSI targets.
- Navigate to the Virtual SAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Configure tab. Under Virtual SAN, click iSCSI Initiator Groups.
- In the Virtual SAN iSCSI Initiator Groups section, click the Add a new iSCSI initiator group icon.
The New Virtual SAN iSCSI Initiator Group dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a name for the iSCSI initiator group.
- (Optional) To add members to the initiator group, enter the IQN of each member.
Use the following format to enter the member IQN:
- YYYY = year, such as 2016
- MM = month, such as 09
- domain = domain where the initiator resides
- name = member name (optional)
- Click OK.
What to do next
Add members to the iSCSI initiator group.