You can monitor the capacity of the Virtual SAN datastore, deduplication and compression efficiency, and a breakdown of capacity usage.
The vSphere Web Client cluster Summary tab includes a summary of Virtual SAN capacity. You also can view more detailed information in the Capacity monitor.
- Navigate to the Virtual SAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Monitor tab and click Virtual SAN.
- Select Capacity to view Virtual SAN capacity information.
- Virtual disks
- VM home objects
- Swap objects
- Performance management objects
- .vmem files
- File system overhead
- Checksum overhead
- Snapshot memory
- Deduplication and compression overhead
- iSCSI home and target objects, and iSCSI LUNs
- Other, such as user-created files, VM templates, and so on
If you enable deduplication and compression on the cluster, the Deduplication and Compression Overview displays capacity information related to that feature. When deduplication and compression are enabled, it might take several minutes for capacity updates to be reflected in the Capacity monitor as disk space is reclaimed and reallocated. For more information about deduplication and compression, see Using Deduplication and Compression.