When Virtual SAN is enabled in manual mode for the host cluster, you can manually combine specific cache devices with specific capacity devices to define disk groups on a particular host.
- Navigate to the Virtual SAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Virtual SAN, click Disk Management.
- Select the host and click the Create a new disk group icon ().
- Select the flash device to be used for cache.
- From the Capacity type drop-down menu, select the type of capacity disks to use, depending on the type of disk group you want to create (HDD for hybrid or Flash for all-flash).
- Select the devices you want to use for capacity.
- Click OK.
The new disk group appears in the list.