Use the vSphere Web Client to examine whether a virtual machine object is compliant with the assigned VM storage policy.
- Examine the compliance status of a virtual machine.
- Browse to the virtual machine in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- On the Summary tab, examine the value of the VM Storage Policy Compliance property under VM Storage Policies.
- Examine the compliance status of the objects of the virtual machine.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the Virtual SAN cluster.
- On the Monitor tab, click Virtual SAN and select Virtual Disks.
- Select a virtual machine object.
- Examine the value of the Compliance Status property for the object. If the Compliance Status is different from Compliant, determine the cause for the noncompliance.
- Examine the Operational State of the object to verify whether the object is healthy.
- On the Compliance Failure tab, examine which requirements from the VM storage policy that the object cannot satisfy.
- On the Physical Disk Placement tab, examine the state of the object components.