You can turn locator LEDs on Virtual SAN storage devices on or off. When you turn on the locator LED, you can identify the location of a specific storage device.
When you no longer need a visual alert on your Virtual SAN devices, you can turn off locator LEDs on the selected devices.
- Verify that you have installed the supported drivers for storage I/O controllers that enable this feature. For information about the drivers that are certified by VMware, see the VMware Compatibility Guide at http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php.
- In some cases, you might need to use third-party utilities to configure the Locator LED feature on your storage I/O controllers. For example, when you are using HP you should verify that the HP SSA CLI is installed.
- Navigate to the Virtual SAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Virtual SAN, click Disk Management.
- Select a host to view the list of devices.
- At the bottom of the page, select one or more storage devices from the list, and enable or disable the locator LEDs on the selected devices.
Option Action Turns on the locator LED of the selected disk(s) icon Enables locator LED on the selected storage device. You can enable locator LEDs from the Manage tab and click Storage > Storage Devices. Turns off the locator LED of the selected disk(s) icon Disables locator LED on the selected storage device. You can disable locator LEDs from the Manage tab and click Storage > Storage Devices.