You can configure standalone VMware virtual machines created with VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion, or VMware Player.
If you plan to use a network path to locate the source, verify that the machine where Converter Standalone server runs has access to that network path.
In the main application window of Converter Standalone, click Configure machine to open the Configuration wizard.
- On the Source System page of the Configuration wizard, select VMware Workstation or other VMware virtual machine.
- Locate the virtual machine source.
If you are connected to a remote Converter Standalone server, provide a network path to the source virtual machine file (.vmx) in the Virtual machine file text box. For example, \\server\virtual_machines\virtual_machine.vmx.
If you are connected to a local Converter Standalone server, provide a network path or a local path to the .vmx file.
By default, only VMware virtual machine *.vmx files are displayed.
- If you are connected to a remote Converter Standalone server, type user credentials for accessing the source virtual machine.
You do not have to provide user credentials if you are connected to a local Converter Standalone server. In such cases, Converter Standalone uses the Windows credentials to connect to the source machine.
- (Optional) To view more information about the selected source, click View source details.
- Click Next to proceed to the Options page.
What to do next
On the Options page of the Configuration wizard, you can select the required configuration options.