You can convert a virtual machine for use with VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion, or VMware Workstation Player.
If you plan to use a network path to locate the destination, verify that you have access to that network path.
- On the Destination System page, select VMware Workstation or other VMware virtual machine from the Select destination type drop-down menu.
- Select the destination VMware hosted product from the Select VMware product drop-down menu.
- Provide a name for the destination virtual machine in the Name text box.
- Specify the location to store the destination virtual machine files.
- If you are connected to a remote Converter Standalone server, provide a network path to the destination directory. For example, \\server\virtual_machines\.
- If you are connected to a local Converter Standalone server, provide a network path or a local path to the destination directory.
- (Optional) If the destination directory is password-protected, provide valid user credentials.
You do not have to provide user credentials if the destination location is on the local storage of the machine where Converter Standalone server runs.
- Click Next to proceed to the Options page.
What to do next
On the Options page, you can set up the parameters of the conversion task. These settings include data layout, network settings, and guest operating system customization.