To enhance performance and storage space, you can change the volume cluster size before the conversion. Modifying the cluster size changes the cloning mode from block level to file level.
On the Options page of the Conversion wizard, click Data to copy in the options list.
Ensure that the source is a Windows machine.
- From the Data copy type drop-down menu, select Select volumes to copy.
- Click Advanced and select the Destination layout tab.
- Select the volume for which you want to change the cluster size.
- In the Cluster size column, select an option to specify the cluster size of the destination volume.
Option Description Default cluster size Applies a default cluster size to the destination volume. Keep source cluster size Preserves the cluster size of the original source volume. Select a predefined size Allows you to select a cluster size for the destination volume from a list of supported values.In the Copy type column, you can verify that the cloning operation type is set to file level.
- Save your settings.
Option Description Select another option from the options list Saves your settings and displays the pane for the selected option. Click Next Saves your settings and displays the next page of the Conversion wizard.
- The Customizations page is displayed if you select Customize guest preferences for the virtual machine in the Advanced options pane.
- The Summary page is displayed if you do not select Customize guest preferences for the virtual machine in the Advanced options pane.