When you convert a powered on machine, some conversion features might not be available for certain source operating systems.
Limitations for Powered On Machine Conversion
|Source Operating System
- When you convert UEFI sources, Converter Standalone does not copy any UEFI variables to the destination.
- Synchronization is supported only for volume-based cloning at the block level.
- Only volume-based cloning at the file level is supported.
- Only managed destinations are supported.
- Converting multiboot virtual machines is supported only if GRUB is installed as the boot loader. LILO is not supported.
- When you convert UEFI sources, Converter Standalone copies only the current UEFI boot entry option to the destination.
- Simultaneous cloning of multiple disks and volumes is supported only when converting a virtual Linux source.
- Installing VMware Tools on Linux guest operating systems is not supported.