You can repair the Converter Standalone installation to check for and reinstall the Converter Standalone client or Converter Standalone agent.
Verify that you have Administrator privileges.
Close the Converter Standalone application before you start the installer wizard.
- To start the Converter Standalone installer, perform one of the following actions:
Go to the folder that contains the installer file and double-click the VMware-converter-6.2.x-<xxxxx>.exe file, where <xxxxx> is the number of the build. Check the number of the build to see if it matches the build you installed.
Select Add or Remove Programs from Control Panel, select Converter Standalone from the list, and click Change.
- On the Welcome page of the installer wizard, click Next.
- On the Program Maintenance page, select Repair and click Next.
- On the Ready to Repair page, click Install.
- On the Installation Completed page, click Finish.
A prompt might ask you to restart your system.
What to do next
You can use Converter Standalone to convert physical or virtual machine sources to virtual machine destinations.