Before you continue with the conversion, you must prepare the source Windows machine.
- Make sure that the Windows version installed on the powered on machine is supported. For a list of supported operating systems, see Supported Operating Systems.
- Make sure that the Converter Standalone server machine has network access to the Windows source machine.
- Turn off firewall applications running on the source machine.
- Disable simple file sharing on the source Windows machine.
- Stop or disable anti-virus software running on the source machine.
- Turn off User Account Control (UAC) or use local administrator account on the source machine.
- If you are running Windows 8 or later on the source machine, turn off Remote UAC.
Note: The Security Options folder is located in Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies.
- If you are logged in as a member of the local Administrators group, you must disable the User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account policy in the Security Options folder of the Local Group Policy Editor. You must reboot for the changes to take effect.
- If you are logged in as the Administrator, you must disable the User Account Control: Turn on Admin Approval Mode policy in the Security Options folder of the Local Group Policy Editor. You don't need to reboot for the changes to take effect.
- Make sure that no other conversion job is using the source you select.
- Remove any Converter Standalone 4.x and Converter Standalone 5.x installations manually from the source machine.