You can enable the TLS 1.0 security protocol manually.
By default, vCenter Converter Standalone uses TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 security protocols. TLS 1.0, SSLv2, and SSLv3 security protocols are disabled. You can enable the TLS 1.0 protocol manually.
- Navigate to the %ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone directory.
If you run Converter Standalone on a 64-bit edition of Windows, the VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone directory is located in %ProgramFiles(x86)%.
- Open the converter-client.xml file in a text editor.
- Locate the
<sslOptions>tag in the file and change its value from 123422720 to 56313856.Note:
If you change the value to 391858176, you disable all protocols except for TLS 1.2.
- Save the changes to the file.
- Navigate to the %ProgramData%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone directory.
- Open the converter-server.xml, converter-worker.xml, and converter-agent.xml files in a text editor.
- Repeat Step 3 and Step 4 for each of the files.
- Restart the services for the changes to take effect.
If you install Converter Agent on a remote machine, you must repeat this procedure by using the converter-agent.xml file on the remote machine.