When you convert a powered on Windows machine, Converter Standalone copies data from the source machine to the destination machine while the source machine is still running and generating changes. This process is the first transfer of data. You can transfer data for the second time by copying only the changes made during the first transfer of data. This process is called synchronization.
Synchronization is available only for Windows source operating systems and managed destinations.
If you resize FAT volumes or shrink NTFS volumes, or change the cluster size on the destination volume, you cannot use the synchronization option.
You cannot add or remove volumes on the source machine between two cloning tasks of a synchronizable job because it might cause conversion to fail.
Stop various source services to make sure they do not generate additional changes during the final synchronization, as that might lead to data loss.
On the Options page of the Conversion wizard, click Advanced options in the options list.
- Click the Synchronize tab.
- Select Synchronize changes.
- Specify when you want to perform the synchronization.
Option Description Click Run immediately after cloning Synchronization is performed immediately after the cloning is complete. Click Schedule Synchronization is performed at the scheduled time and date. Use the Run at text box to specify the start date and time for the synchronization.
- Select Perform final synchronization if you do not plan to make further synchronizations between the source and the destination.
- Save your settings.
Option Description Select another option from the options list Saves your settings and displays the pane for the selected option. Click Next Saves your settings and displays the next page of the Conversion wizard.
- The Customizations page is displayed if you select Customize guest preferences for the virtual machine in the Advanced options pane.
- The Summary page is displayed if you do not select Customize guest preferences for the virtual machine in the Advanced options pane.