The VMware vCenter Converter Standalone User Guide provides information about installing and using VMware® vCenter Converter Standalone.
Use the navigation on the left to browse through the documentation.
All our documentation also comes in PDF format, which you can access by selecting the PDF download icon while reading a page or viewing a search result.
This guide is intended for users who want to perform the following tasks:
- Install, upgrade, or use VMware vCenter Converter Standalone.
- Convert physical and virtual machines into VMware virtual machines.
This guide is written for information systems engineers, software developers, QA engineers, trainers, and anyone who wants to create virtual machines.
VMware Technical Publications Glossary
VMware Technical Publications provides a glossary of terms that might be unfamiliar to you. For definitions of terms as they are used in VMware technical documentation, go to https://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/.
VMware welcomes your suggestions for improving our documentation. If you have comments, send your feedback to email@example.com.
Technical Support and Education Resources
The following technical support resources are available to you. To access the current version of this guide and other guides, go to https://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/.
- Online and Telephone Support
To use online support to submit technical support requests, view your product and contract information, and register your products, go to
Customers with appropriate support contracts must use telephone support for the fastest response on priority 1 issues. Go to https://www.vmware.com/support/phone_support.html.
- Support Offerings
- To find out how VMware support offerings can help meet your business needs, go to https://www.vmware.com/support/services.html.
- VMware Professional Services
- VMware Education Services courses offer extensive hands-on labs, case study examples, and course materials designed to be used as on-the-job reference tools. Courses are available onsite, in the classroom, and live online. For onsite pilot programs and implementation best practices, VMware Consulting Services provides offerings to help you assess, plan, build, and manage your virtual environment. To access information about education classes, certification programs, and consulting services, go to https://www.vmware.com/services.html.