VMware vCloud Availability for vCloud Director 188.8.131.52 | 8 JUN 2017 | Build 5652980
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release Notes
These release notes cover the following topics:
This release introduces the following new and enhanced capabilities of the vCloud Availability Installer appliance:
- New script for moving replications between datastores.
- New script for moving replications between vSphere Replication Servers.
- New script for consolidating virtual machines for a whole vCloud Director instance, a given organization, a given vApp or a given virtual machine.
- New script for deleting replications.
--typeargument in the
vcav vcd get-cloud-proxy. The script now returns
from-the-cloudURL. If you run the script without specifying a value for
--type, you receive the
--folderargument in all
vcav * createscripts. You can use the option to deploy a virtual machine into an existing folder.Use
--folderfor standard command deployment and
placement-folderfor deployment using registry file.
- Updated SLES packages.
vcav cassandra createscript now works with Cassandra 2.2.9.
vcav hcs add-rights-to-rolescript that supports the new mechanism for assigning rights in vCloud Director 8.20.
- Enhanced vSphere Replication Cloud Service configuration script. The
vcav hcs configurecommand now enables the use of TLS 1.2 during the SSL handshake process.
vcav cassandra import-hcs-certificatescript. You can now run the script on a dedicated Cassandra host.
- Enhanced error and warning messages for
vcav trust test,
vcav trust add,
vcav hms configure,
vcav vcd check,
vcav org-vdc enable-replication,
vcav cassandra register, and
vcav hcs configurescripts.
In addition to the current release notes, you can use the documentation set for vCloud Availability 1.0.1 that includes the following deliverables.
- vCloud Availability for vCloud Director 1.0.1 Documentation
- Interoperability Pages for vCloud Availability for vCloud Director 1.0.1
vcav vcd [operation]commands or commands that contain the
vcd-addressargument on your vCloud Availability Installer may return an error
An issue cased an API login request to fail, logging an error of the form:
ERROR - Unable to login to VCD VCD-IP-Address
is now resolved.
Certificates using a self-signed Intermediate Certificate Authority may result in an SSL Error during configuration
An issue that can cause configuration script failures, logging an error of the form:
bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE', 'certificate verify failed')],)
is now resolved.