VMware vCloud Availability for vCloud Director 126.96.36.199 | 8 JUN 2017 | Build 5652980
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release Notes
These release notes cover the following topics:
This release introduces the following new and enhanced capabilities of the vCloud Availability Installer appliance:
- New script for moving replications between datastores.
- New script for moving replications between vSphere Replication Servers.
- New script for consolidating virtual machines for a whole vCloud Director instance, a given organization, a given vApp or a given virtual machine.
- New script for deleting replications.
--typeargument in the
vcav vcd get-cloud-proxy. The script now returns
from-the-cloudURL. If you run the script without specifying a value for
--type, you receive the
--folderargument in all
vcav * createscripts. You can use the option to deploy a virtual machine into an existing folder.Use
--folderfor standard command deployment and
placement-folderfor deployment using registry file.
- Updated SLES packages.
vcav cassandra createscript now works with Cassandra 2.2.9.
vcav hcs add-rights-to-rolescript that supports the new mechanism for assigning rights in vCloud Director 8.20.
- Enhanced vSphere Replication Cloud Service configuration script. The
vcav hcs configurecommand now enables the use of TLS 1.2 during the SSL handshake process.
vcav cassandra import-hcs-certificatescript. You can now run the script on a dedicated Cassandra host.
- Enhanced error and warning messages for
vcav trust test,
vcav trust add,
vcav hms configure,
vcav vcd check,
vcav org-vdc enable-replication,
vcav cassandra register, and
vcav hcs configurescripts.
In addition to the current release notes, you can use the documentation set for vCloud Availability for vCloud Director 1.0.1 that includes the following deliverables.
- vCloud Availability for vCloud Director 1.0.1 Documentation Center
- Interoperability Pages for vCloud Availability for vCloud Director 1.0.1
The resolved issues are grouped as follows.Resolved Issues
vcav vcd [operation]commands or commands that contain the
vcd-addressargument on your vCloud Availability Installer may return an error
An issue cased an API login request to fail, logging an error of the form:
ERROR - Unable to login to VCD VCD-IP-Address
is now resolved.
Certificates using a self-signed Intermediate Certificate Authority may result in an SSL Error during configuration
An issue that can cause configuration script failures, logging an error of the form:
bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE', 'certificate verify failed')],)
is now resolved.
The known issues are grouped as follows.Known Issues