Synchronize VM data from vSphere (on-prem) to vCloud Director (cloud) site.
About this task
After you perform a failback migration from the vCloud Director (cloud) site to a vSphere (on-prem) environment, the migrated VM is running on the vSphere (source) site. A subsequent Reverse task synchronizes and protects data from vSphere (on-prem) back to the vCloud Director (cloud) site.
Verify that you have performed a Failback task to the VM before starting a reverse task.
Verify that the VM that you want to reverse is turned off at the target side.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability Portal using Organization administrator credentials.
- Locate the VM that you want to reverse in the Reversed tab and verify that it is turned off at the source side.
The VM must be turned off in the vCloud Director (cloud, source) site.
- Call out the Actions pane by clicking the VM.
- Click Reverse to select the task.
- Click Confirm in the Actions pane to initiate the Reverse task.
You can monitor the progress of the task in the Actions pane.
After the Failback Reverse task is performed on a VM, the VM appears in the Workloads tab. The VM runs in the vSphere (on-prem) environment and is protected in the vCloud Director (cloud) site.