Synchronize workload data from vCloud Director (cloud) to vSphere (on-premise) site.
After you perform a failover migration from the vSphere (on-premise) environment to a vCloud Director (cloud) environment, the migrated virtual machine is running on the vCloud Director (source) site. А subsequent Reverse task synchronizes and protects data from vCloud Director (cloud) back to the vSphere (on-premise) site.
Verify that you have performed a Failover task to the virtual machine before starting the Reverse task.
Verify that the virtual machine that you want to reverse is turned off at the target side.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability Portal using Organization administrator credentials.
- Locate the virtual machine that you want to reverse in the Workloads tab and verify that it is turned off at the source side.
The virtual machine must be turned off in the vSphere (on-premise) site.
- Call out the Actions pane by clicking the virtual machine.
- Click Reverse to select the task.
- Click Confirm in the Actions pane to initiate the Reverse task.
You can monitor the progress of the task in the Actions pane.
After the Failover Reverse task is finished, the workload appears in the Reversed tab. The virtual machine is running in the vCloud Director (cloud) site and is protected in the vSphere (on-premise) site.