You can remove a VM from the vCloud Availability solution by running an Unprotect task.
About this task
The Unprotect task stops the replication of data from the source to the target site.
You cannot run an Unprotect task after Failover and Failback tasks. In such cases, you can only run a Detach task to the VM.
Verify that the VM that you want to remove from the vCloud Availability solution is protected.
Force Stop the replication of the VM in your vSphere (on-prem) environment. For more information, see Stop Replicating a Virtual Machine in the VMware vSphere Replication Administration Guide.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability Portal using Organization administrator credentials.
- Locate the VM that you want to Unprotect under Workloads or Reversed tab .
- Call out the Actions pane by clicking the VM.
- Click Unprotect to select the task.
- Click Confirm in the Actions pane to initiate the Unprotect task.
You can monitor the progress of the task in the Actions pane.
The VM is no longer protected by the vCloud Availability solution and disappears from the VM lists in the vCloud Availability Portal upon task completion.