With test failover tasks, you can verify whether the source data from the vSphere site is replicated correctly on the target vCloud Director site.
Verify that the VM is protected in your vCloud Director (cloud) site.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability for vCloud Director Portal using Organization administrator credentials.
- Navigate to the Workloads tab under Workspaces and locate the VM that you want to test.
- Call out the Actions pane by clicking the VM.
- Click Test to select the task.
You can optionally select to turn on the test VM, after the test is finished.
- Click Start in the Actions pane to initiate the Test Failover task.
You can monitor the progress of the task in the Actions pane.