You can remove a VM from the vCloud Availability solution by running a Detach task.
Detach tasks can only be run on a VM after Failover or Failback tasks.
Detach tasks keep the VMs running on the replication target site.
Verify that the VM that you want to remove from the vCloud Availability solution is protected.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability Portal using Organization administrator credentials.
- Locate the workload that you want to Detach under the Workloads or Reversed tab.
- Call out the Actions pane by clicking the VM.
- Click Detach to select the task.
- Click Confirm in the Actions pane to initiate the Detach task.
You can monitor the progress of the task in the Actions pane.
The VM is no longer protected by the vCloud Availability solution and disappears from the VM lists in the vCloud Availability Portal upon task completion.