You start a Failback task to migrate a VM from vCloud Director (cloud) environment back to a vSphere (on-prem) environment.
Verify that you have reversed a failover VM.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability Portal using Organization administrator credentials.
- Navigate to the Reversed tab under Workspaces and locate the VM you want to migrate.
- Call out the Actions pane by clicking the VM.
- Click Failback to select the task.
You can optionally select to turn on the VM, after the migration is finished.
- Click Start in the Actions pane to initiate the Failover task.
You can monitor the progress of the task in the Actions pane.
After the Failback task is finished, a B letter appears in the status icon on the Workloads tab. The Actions pane displays an OK message. The migrated VM is running on your vSphere (on-prem) environment and is recovered from your vCloud Director (cloud) site.
What to do next
You can perform a Reverse replication task to protect the VM in your vCloud Director (cloud) environment. You must turn off the target VM. If the target VM is powered on, the Reverse replication task will not be available in the Actions pane. You can power off the target VM by using the power switch in VM INFO in the Actions pane.