The CX Connector appliance deploys the vCloud Director Extender - OnPrem Setup UI through which you prepare your on-premise environment.
Verify that your target vCloud Director has been enabled from the CX Cloud Service installed on the cloud provider site.
Verify that you have the vCloud Director Extender OVA file.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client as an administrator.
- In the vSphere Web Client, right click on your VDC or folder and select Deploy as .ovf or .ova.
- Enter the path to the OVF or OVA file and click Next.
- Select CX Connector as the deployment type.
You must assign a static IP to the virtual machine.
- Enter the password for the root user and click Next.
- Copy the IP address of CX Connector.
You need that IP address to access the vCloud Director Extender - OnPrem Setup UI.
What to do next
Run OnPrem Setup UI on the Tenant vCenter Server.