By Performing a cutover to a virtual machine, you finalize a warm migration. The Cutover operation includes a final sync and import of a migrated VM into a destination Org VDC's vApp and an optional powering on of the VM.
Verify that the VM you are performing a Cutover operation to, is in a cutover-ready state.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to .
- In the Migrations tab, click Start Cutover.
- Select a Target Cloud.
- Select if you want to power on the target VMs after cutover.
- (Optional) Enter a tag for the migration job that you are initiating.
- Select VM or VMs that you want to cut over and click Start.
- Confirm that you want to cut over this migration by clicking OK.
A new Cutover job appears in the Migrations tab, in a Cutting over status. After the cutover job finishes, the job status changes to Completed.
After the cutover job finishes, the source VM is powered off and the VM in the cloud is ready to be used. When powered on, the VM in the cloud processes all transactions that were earlier processed by the VM on-premise.