You can add a virtual machine to a vApp.
About this task
If the virtual machine is based on an OVF file that includes OVF properties for customization, those properties are retained in the vApp. If any of those properties are user-configurable, you can specify the values in the virtual machine's properties pane after you add it to the vApp.
For information about supported network adapter types, see http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1001805.
You must be an organization administrator or vApp author to access virtual machines in public catalogs.
- Click the My Cloud tab and click vApps in the left pane.
- Right-click the vApp and select Open.
- On the Virtual Machines tab, click the Add VM button.
- To add virtual machines from vApp templates, select My organization's catalogs or Public catalogs from the drop-down menu, select one or more virtual machines, and click Add.
- To add a new virtual machine, click New Virtual Machine, provide the required information about the virtual machine, and click OK.
After you finish creating the new vApp, you can power on the new virtual machine and install an operating system.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Modify the full name and computer name of each virtual machine.
- Select a primary NIC and network for each virtual machine.
- (Optional) Select Show network adapter type and select a type for each NIC.
- Select an IP assignment method for each NIC.
If you select Static - Manual, type the IP address.
- Click Next.
- Select Show networking details, review the network information, and click Next.
- Review the summary for the vApp and click Finish.