You can share a catalog to make it visible to the administrators in all other organizations in a cloud. Users with the proper rights and access level can use vApp templates and media from the shared catalog to create their own vApps.
Verify that you are an organization administrator and the system administrator has granted you write access to the catalog.
- Click Catalog and select My Organization's Catalogs in the left pane.
- On the Catalogs tab, right-click the catalog name and select Publish Settings.
- On the Sharing tab, click Add Members.
- Select which users and groups in the organization can access this catalog.
Everyone in this organization
All users and groups in the organization have access to this catalog.
Specific users and groups
Select users or groups to grant catalog access to and click Add.
- Select the access level for users with access to this catalog from the drop-down menu.
Users with access to this catalog have read access to the catalog's vApp templates and ISOs.
Users with access to this catalog have read access to the catalog's vApp templates and ISOs and can add vApp templates and ISOs to the catalog.
Users with access to this catalog have full control of the catalog's contents and settings.
- Click OK.
- Click Add Organizations.
- Select which organizations on this vCloud Director installation can access this catalog.
All organizations in the vCloud Director installation have access to this catalog.
- Click OK and click OK again.
The catalog and all of its contents appear under Public Catalogs for selected users and groups in the vCloud Director installation.