Configure an edge gateway to enable routed networking in organization VDCs created from the template.
- (Optional) Select Create a new edge gateway to create and configure an edge gateway in the template.
- Type a name and optional description for the new edge gateway.
- Select a configuration for the edge gateway.
Requires less memory and compute resources.
Provides increased capacity and performance than with the Compact option. Large and X-Large configurations provide identical security functions.
Suited for environments that have a load balancer with a large number of concurrent sessions.
Recommended for high throughput and requires a high connection rate.
This option appears only if you chose to create a new edge gateway. For more information on system requirements for deploying an edge gateway, see System Requirements for NSX in the NSX Administration Guide.
- Select Enable High Availability to enable automatic failover to a backup gateway.
- Select Use default gateway for DNS relay to use the selected default gateway for DNS relay.
- Click Next.