Configure the edge gateway to connect to one or more physical networks.
- Select an edge gateway configuration based on your system resources.
Requires less memory and compute resources.
Provides increased capacity and performance than with the Compact option. Large and X-Large configurations provide identical security functions.
Suited for environments that have a load balancer with large numbers of concurrent sessions.
Recommended for high throughput and requires a high connection rate.
For more information on system requirements for deploying an edge gateway, see System Requirements for NSX in the NSX Administration Guide.
- (Optional) Select Enable High Availability to enable automatic failover to a backup edge gateway.
- (Optional) Select Configure IP Settings to manually configure the external interface's IP address.
- (Optional) Select Sub-Allocate IP Pools to allocate a set of IP addresses for gateway services to use.
- (Optional) Select Configure Rate Limits to choose the inbound and outbound rate limits for each externally connected interface.
- Click Next.