Global load balancer configuration parameters include overall enablement, selection of the layer 4 or layer 7 engine, and specification of the types of events to log.
- Launch the tenant portal using the following steps.
- Log in to the vCloud Director Web console and navigate to the edge gateway.
- Right-click the name of the edge gateway and click Edge Gateway Services in the context menu.
The tenant portal opens in a new browser tab and displays the Edge Gateway screen for that edge gateway.
- Click the Load Balancer tab and click Global Configuration.
- Select the options you want to enable:
Click the Enabled icon to enable the load balancer.
Click the Acceleration Enabled icon to configure the load balancer to use the faster L4 engine rather than L7 engine. The L4 TCP VIP is processed before the edge gateway firewall so no Allow firewall rule is required.Note:
L7 VIPs for HTTP and HTTPS are processed after the firewall, so when Acceleration Enabled is not selected, an edge gateway firewall rule must exist to allow access to the L7 VIP for those protocols. When Acceleration Enabled is selected and the server pool is in non-transparent mode, an SNAT rule is added, so you must ensure that the firewall is enabled on the edge gateway.
Click the Enabled icon to enable the edge gateway load balancer to collect traffic logs..
Choose the severity of events to be logged.
- Click Save changes.
The save operation can take a minute to complete.
What to do next
Configure application profiles for the load balancer. See Create an Application Profile.