If the edge gateway for your organization virtual datacenter has been converted to an advanced edge gateway, you can use the tenant portal's Edge Settings screen to enable SSH command line access to the edge gateway.
For the ability to use the vCloud Director tenant portal to work with an edge gateway's settings, the edge gateway must have already been converted to an advanced edge gateway using the Convert to Advanced Gateway action on the edge gateway in the vCloud Director Web console. See the vCloud Director Administrator's Guide for details.
- Launch the tenant portal using the following steps.
- Log in to the vCloud Director Web console and navigate to the edge gateway.
- Right-click the name of the edge gateway and click Edge Gateway Services in the context menu.
The tenant portal opens in a new browser tab and displays the Edge Gateway screen for that edge gateway.
- Click the Edge Settings tab.
- Configure the SSH settings.
Type the credentials to use for SSH access to this edge gateway. By default, the SSH username is admin.
Type the expiration period for the password, in days
Type the text to be displayed to users when they begin an SSH connection to the edge gateway.
- Turn on the Enabled toggle.
What to do next
Configure the appropriate NAT or firewall rules to allow SSH access to this edge gateway.