An organization administrator can create a VPN tunnel between an organization virtual datacenter network and a remote network.
About this task
If the tunnel endpoints have a firewall between them, configure it to allow the following IP protocols and UDP ports:
IP Protocol ID 50 (ESP)
IP Protocol ID 51 (AH)
UDP Port 500 (IKE)
UDP Port 4500
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Organization Administrator role or an equivalent set of rights.
Verify that you have a routed organization virtual datacenter network and a routed remote network that uses IPSec.
- Click Administration and select the organization virtual datacenter.
- Select .
- Click the Organization VDC Network tab, right-click the organization virtual datacenter network name, and select Configure Services.
- Click the VPN tab and click Add.
- Type a name and optional description.
- Select a remote network from the drop-down menu.
- Type the peer settings.
See VMware Knowledge Base article https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2051370.
- Review the tunnel settings and click OK.
vCloud Director configures the organization peer network endpoint.
What to do next
Manually configure the remote peer network endpoint.