An organization administrator can configure certain organization virtual datacenter networks to provide firewall services. Enable the firewall on an organization virtual datacenter network to enforce firewall rules on incoming traffic, outgoing traffic, or both.
About this task
When you enable the firewall, you can specify a default firewall action to deny all incoming and outgoing traffic or to allow all incoming and outgoing traffic. You can also add specific firewall rules to allow or deny traffic that matches the rules to pass through the firewall. These rules take precedence over the default firewall action. See Add a Firewall Rule to an Organization Virtual Datacenter Network.
Verify that a routed organization virtual datacenter network is in place.
- Click Administration and select the organization virtual datacenter.
- Click the Org VDC Networks tab, right-click the organization virtual datacenter network name, and select Configure Services.
- Click the Firewall tab and select Enable firewall to enable firewall services, or deselect it to disable firewall services.
- Select the default firewall action.
Blocks all traffic except when overridden by a firewall rule.
Allows all traffic except when overridden by a firewall rule.
- (Optional) Select the Log check box to log events related to the default firewall action.
- Click OK.