vCloud Director requires an SMTP server to send user notifications and system alert emails to system users. Organizations can use the system SMTP settings, or use custom SMTP settings.
- Click the Administration tab and click Email in the left pane.
- Type the DNS host name or IP address of the SMTP mail server.
- Type the SMTP server port number.
- (Optional) : If the SMTP server requires a user name, select the Requires authentication check box and type the user name and password for the SMTP account.
- Type an email address to appear as the sender for vCloud Director emails.
vCloud Director uses the sender's email address to send runtime and storage lease expiration alerts.
- Type text to use as the subject prefix for vCloud Director emails.
- (Optional) : Type a destination email address to test the SMTP settings and click Test SMTP settings.
- Click Apply.