You can create a VPN tunnel between an organization virtual datacenter network that is backed by an edge gateway and a remote network.
System administrators and organization administrators can create VPN tunnels.
If a firewall is between the tunnel endpoints, you must configure it to allow the following IP protocols and UDP ports:
IP Protocol ID 50 (ESP)
IP Protocol ID 51 (AH)
UDP Port 500 (IKE)
UDP Port 4500
Verify that you have a routed remote network that uses IPSec and an organization virtual datacenter network backed by an edge gateway.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab, and click Organization VDCs in the left pane.
- Double-click the organization virtual datacenter name to open the organization virtual datacenter.
- Click the Edge Gateways tab, right-click the edge gateway name, and select Edge Gateway Services.
- Click the VPN tab and click Add.
- Type a name and optional description.
- Select a remote network from the drop-down menu.
- Select the local organization virtual datacenter network.
- Type the peer settings.
- Review the tunnel settings and click OK.
vCloud Director configures the organization peer network endpoint.
What to do next
Manually configure the remote peer network endpoint. See Display Peer Settings for a VPN Tunnel to a Remote Network.