Add an external network to register vSphere network resources for vCloud Director to use. You can create organization virtual datacenter networks that connect to an external network.
A vSphere port group is available. If the port group uses VLAN, it can use only a single VLAN. Port groups with VLAN trunking are not supported.
VMware recommends using an auto-expanding static port group.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click External Networks in the left pane.
- Click the Add Network button.
- Select a vCenter server and vSphere network and click Add.
- (Optional) : If multiple vCenter servers are listed, select another vCenter server and vSphere network and click Add.
All of the vSphere networks you add must originate on the same type of switch: either DVSwitch or Standard switch. You can select only one vSphere network from each vCenter server.
- When you have finished adding backing vCenter servers and vSphere networks, click Next.
- Type the network settings and click Next.
- Type a name and optional description for the network and click Next.
- Review the network settings and click Finish.
What to do next
You can now create an organization virtual datacenter network that connects to the external network.