Add a storage policy to a provider virtual datacenter to support the storage policy for organization virtual datacenters backed by the provider virtual datacenter.
About this task
Storage policies are created and managed in vSphere. See the vSphere documentation or contact your vSphere administrator.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Provider VDCs in the left pane.
- Right-click the provider virtual datacenter name and select Open.
- Click the Storage Policies tab.
- Click Add Storage Policy.
- Select a storage policy and click Add.
If you select Any, vCloud Director dynamically adds and removes datastores as they are added to or removed from the provider virtual datacenter's clusters.
- Click OK.
Support for the storage policy is added to the provider virtual datacenter.
What to do next
Configure organization virtual datacenters backed by the provider virtual datacenter to support the storage policy. See Add a Storage Policy to an Organization Virtual Datacenter.