When vCenter Single Sign On is configured and enabled, system administrators are authenticated by the vSphere identity provider.
Set up vCenter Single Sign On and take note of the vCenter Lookup URL. See the vSphere documentation.
- Click the Administration tab and click Federation in the left pane.
- Click Register.
- Type the vCenter Lookup Service URL.
- Type the user name of the vSphere Single Sign On user with administrator privileges.
- Type the vSphere Single Sign On password for the user name entered above.
- Click OK.
- Select Use vSphere Single Sign-On and click Apply.
System administrators are asked for vCenter Single Sign On credentials to log in to vCloud Director.