vCloud Director requires a realm to use Kerberos authentication for an LDAP connection. You can add one or more realms for the system and its organizations to use. The system and each organization can only specify a single realm.
You must select Kerberos as the authentication method before you can add a realm.
- Click the Administration tab and click LDAP in the left pane.
- Click Edit All Realms.
- (Optional) : On the Realm tab, select Allow lower-case realms to allow realm names that include lower-case letters.
- On the Realm tab, click Add.
- Type a realm and its Key Distribution Center (KDC) and click OK.
If you did not choose to allow lower-case realms, the realm name must be all capital letters. For example, REALM.
- On the DNS tab, click Add.
- Type a DNS, select a realm, and click OK.
You can use the period (.) as a wildcard character in the DNS. For example, type .example.com.
- Click Close and click Apply.
What to do next
You can now select a realm for the system LDAP settings or an organization's LDAP settings.