A system administrator can create an organization virtual datacenter network that connects directly to an external network. VMs on the organization can use the external network to connect to other networks, including the Internet.
This operation is restricted to system administrators.
An external network is required. See Add an External Network
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Organization VDCs in the left pane.
- Double-click the organization VDC name to open the VDC.
- Click the Org VDC Networks tab and click Add Network.
- Select Connect directly to an external network.
- Select an external network and click Next.
- Type a name and optional description.
- (Optional) Select Share this network with other VDCs in the organization to make the network available to other VDCs in the organization.
- Click Next.
- Review the network settings
Click Finish to accept the settings and create the network, or click Back to modify the settings.